With the exception of the first 2 miles from The Country Ground to Coate Water, all the other closures are for a single lane only, and traffic will be able to flow in either the opposite direction freely, or with managed two way traffic control.
We will be operating many traffic crossings on the course a the busier junctions, and these will allow road users to cross the course under the instruction of marshals when there is space between the runners.
The road closures are all shown as 1hour before the first runner, and 1hour after the last runner, but we will endeavour to have the roads open quicker than these times where possible, and these are listed as a worse case scenario.
Please accept our apologies for the disruption to Swindon’s road network, and we would love for as many residents to come out and support the 2,700 runners along the way.
We are working with 15 Local Swindon charities on the day, and these charities will all have ‘Atmosphere stations’ on the course at various points as well as runners wearing their shirts to raise awareness.
The 15 Charities we are working with are as follows:
- Prospect Hospice
- Phoenix Enterprises
- Threshold Housing Link
- Brighter Future GWH
- Swindon Advocacy Movement (SAM)
- Rodbourne Cheney Primary School PTA
- Swindon Therapy Centre for MS/Neurological Conditions
- Haydonleigh Primary School PTA
- Doing it for Dan
- Swindon Volunteer Centre
- Thamesdown Hydrotherapy Pool
- Swindon Sands (Stillbirth & Neonatal death)
- CALM (Children’s Cancer and Leukaemia Movement)
- Julia’s House Children’s Hospice
- East Wichel Community Association